How to sell furniture online
Trying to sell furniture online? It needn’t be a hassle.
Selling anything online can be a daunting task if you don’t have much experience doing it – but if you learn the simple tips of the trade you will enjoy selling online whatever it is you have. Figuring out how to sell furniture online can be a real rigmarole even if you do have a bit of experience selling online. The dynamics for selling anything however are really the same no matter what you’re selling. First things first..
Finding a platform to sell furniture online :
You’ll want to find the right place to sell. Key factors such as ‘traffic’ give importance having a steady flow of people accessing the site on a day-to-day basis. The sites pictured to the left are some of the more popular sites for selling second hand stuff on – you can check them out. Without over-stating the obvious it is worth mentioning that you are likely to get a higher price for your item on a platform that is visited by 1000 people a day compared with one that only gets 500 visitors per day.
Historical Trends :
Writing a description :
Want to know best how to sell furniture online.. write a great description. What do we mean by this? We mean in as few words as possible tell us the following about your item:
- Tell us about the condition : Is there any damage, rips, tears, discolouration, pet hair, stains, ugly marks – no matter how seemingly insignificant to you – they may not be to another – so name them.
- How long has it been in use?
- Where was it purchased from? Stating the original designer or brand name will do wonders for attracting buyers and grabbing that sale.
- Write a few lines stating reason why you’re selling.
- Don’t forget to leave out the dimensions of the item also – very key. Fewer things are more annoying than a really nice corner sofa listed online without its measurements included. Don’t be lazy – measure up!
Our friends over at Preloved have a good article about ‘how to write a great item description’ which you can look at..
Get the Price Right!
The maths (the money) :
Thus giving you an expected resale value of between £81.25 – £113.75 on the second hand market.
Now last but certainly not least.. ‘how to sell furniture online’ made real EASY..
Now imagine taking everything that you just read, and giving it to someone else to do for you who will not only value your furniture, but actually offer you its cash value and collect from your address at your convenience? Does this sound real.. well it is. Pearlly will value all your high end and designer furniture on your behalf and send you that offer for your consideration. If that offer tickles your fancy we will arrange to collect your chosen furniture on a day chosen by you in exchange for instant cash.
Sell furniture online – it can’t really get any simpler than that.
Fill in our contact form now for a free quote.