What factors affect the value of my furniture?’
Factors checklist coming up..
– How popular is piece – i.e. how many pieces similar have been sold on the online marketplace in the last week, month, six months, one year?
– How much have similar pieces sold for on average?
– Does the piece come with any form of manufacturer or designer guarantee/warranty moje webové stránky?
– Does furniture meet with standards i.e. are there fire labels attached to the pieces – is the material fire retardent?
– Are there articles of ceritifcation accompanying the sale of specialist / luxury brands?
– Do the photos represent the piece well enough – have enough photos been taken? Was there enough natural daylight in the room when the photos were taken? Are there close up shots as well as full view ones of the piece(s)?
We have a saying around here – photos sell furniture. If you’ve done your due diligence and put enough time and effort into bringing out quality images then this will be appreciated by any interested buyer. And in a lot of cases where excellent photos accompany the listing – interested parties do not even bother travelling up to see the furniture in person before their minds are made up. Next course of action – reach into pocket & pull out wallet.
– How long have the pieces been in use? 3 months, 1 year, 3 years, 10 years, 20 years!?Believe us when we tell you that we have been contacted by people who have had their furnture for all of the durations of time mentioned above.
– Size & weight of piece. How heavy is the furniture – will it take two, three or four people to carry it? If so, this is gonna cost.
– Can it be easily transported from the current address to next? Is it on the fifth floor of an apartment block with no lift and a narrow stairway? If so, this will take time & man power to manoever – this is gonna cost.